- 200 gm all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 225 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200 gm sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt (preferred) or full milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Lightly grease the pan (loaf pan, mini loaf pan, 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch square pan, round pan) with some butter.
- Arrange a parchment paper over the butter
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve.
- Add in the salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Use an electronic hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the first egg.
- Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes after adding each egg.
- Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and mix well.
- Add in the plain yogurt or whole milk
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute the cake batter evenly.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 35 -40 minutes.
- To prevent the top of the cake from over browning, cover the top of the baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil once the cake top is set. Use a cake tester to test doneness.
- Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons more butter to the recipe (a total of 250 gm butter) if you want an extremely buttery cake.