- 400 gm prawns, cleaned and deveined
For the Ground Masala –
- 8-10 Dried Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Whole Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Small knob of Tamarind or 1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 1 cup coconut milk
For the Curry –
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger finely minced
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala with coconut milk to a smooth paste and set aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions. Saute the onions till they are a light golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes till they break down easily with the back of a spoon.
- Add the ground masala and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer the masala for 10-15 minutes till the color deepens slightly. Add the prawns to the gravy and cook them for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle curry leaves on top, mix well and switch off the flame. Let the curry rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed rice.